Slider

HELLO AGAIN

[HAUL] NYX Cosmetics Haul!

Saturday 8 March 2014


I recently attended the Professional Beauty London show. (You can read about it here!) and I manage to pick up some goodies from the NYX stall. I've shown you guys a few FOTD featuring the 2x Matte Lipsticks I picked up, but here's the full haul!


NYX had a trade show offer for up to 20% off everything! The stall was incredibly busy and I found it quite difficult to get close to the products. If it were quieter, I think I would've ended up with buying much more! There were quite a few things that I would have liked to have bought from NYX when i found their concession stand at Next in Westfields Stratford, but the stand was in bad shape and many of the lipsticks were contaminated and I couldn't work out what had been used and what hadn't. 
Luckily for me, I had no such problems at Pro Beauty!

So let's look at what I got, shall we?


I have a thing for a nice matte finish, and i've heard very good things about these setting sprays. I find that powder often looks cakey on my skin, and if I can set my face without using powder, that would be pretty cool. I'm looking forward to trying this out.



I couldn't get one, without the other... so I picked up the Dewy finish setting spray. I really hope it doesn't make me look sweaty! I've no idea what to think of this, and I'll post up a review of it after i've tried it.


I love the colour of this 'Sweet Pink' lipstick. Love it. I'm a sucker for a nice matte pink lipstick. It's vibrant and has just the right amount of girliness. I'm going to save this one for one of those days where I feel like adding a nice kick of colour to brighten up a look.


It glides on really easily and doesn't seem to tug. The pigmentation is strong with this one! Cannot wait to try it out!



The second matte lipstick I picked up 'Tea Rose' is one i'd consider a day to day lipstick. it reminds me of my Mac Pink Plaid, and i'll be interested to see a swatch of them side to side.




I've swatched the two Matte lipsticks side by side so you can see the difference in colour. 


This  NYX Black Label Lipstick is an unusual choice for me. I have a love/hate relationship with shimmery makeup. Maybe because I wore too much of it in the 90's/00's as a young girl, but there's something I just don't like about sparkly lips. 


However, this was in the bargain bin for £1 and I sure as hell wasn't going to leave it there for that price.



Back to Matte, and I couldn't buy NYX lip products with buying one of their highly praised soft matte lip creams. I've heard so many good things about these! But I admit it, I played safe and went for a dusty pink shade.


This stuff glides on like a dream. It's my first step into the world of lip creams and I'm really liking how it feels so far. (Swatch in the background is the Tea Rose lipstick from above)


And finally, an NYX sharpener. My Milk Jumbo eye Pencil is in a desperate need of a good sharpen, I picked this up for the bargain price of £3.50 at the trade show and it's a definite must have for Jumbo Eye Pencil fans!


That's it for this haul. I'd love to hear what you think of the lip products and setting sprays! Which are your favourites?


24 comments:

  1. Such lovely lipsticks. I want them all! I hope that spray is good, I'd love to read a further review on it xx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the dewy setting spray!! haven't tried the matte spray yet, but dewy is brill! I'll post a review soon! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the look of tea rose, such a pretty colour! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous day to day lipstick! I'm wearing it all this week. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely picks I haven't tried and NYX but I really want to x

    Catherines Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX have some really great products and are very good quality for drugstore prices! x

      Delete
  4. I picked up the nyx spray in Matte this week but not had a chance to try it yet.
    Barely worn make up for a couple of days. I know, slap my wrist.
    But im really excited to try it properly.
    The Rose tea and the matte lip cream look soooo good, may have to expand the collection xx

    Emma @ Emsylou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah let me know how you get on with the matte spray!! I haven't tried it yet, just been using the Dewy spray this week. Rose tea lipstick is beaut to wear! x

      Delete
  5. I'm having such a hard time finding places that carry NYX in my area :( Sucks because there's so much I want to try. I'm gonna end up doing a good local search soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog & I love it! I just followed you :) I'm a fellow pale skinned girl! I'm a makeup artist from Australia & I'd love it if you could check out my blog too if you get the chance :)
    www.kateflowermaquillage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kate! Thank you! Always nice to hear from a fellow pale girl! :) i'll swing by and have a look xxx

      Delete
  7. I wish I'd picked some lipsticks up at the show, it was so hard to see the colours and try to get to the stand! Great post lovely.

    alice | www.beautybyalicee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh it was so busy right? They have them at some Next stores, the Stratford Westfields has an NYX stand x

      Delete
  8. The 'sweet pink' lipstick, I'm in love! Love all your purchases. I need to give this brand a go! :)

    Amzyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried anything from Nyx but really really REALLY need to!
    Love the things you selected, especially the Black Label lipstick :)

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I got the Black Label lipstick for £1!! bargain find and it's so lovely to wear. x

      Delete
  10. Never tried any NYX products but so tempted especially for the value!!
    Charlotte x

    www.styleaked.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard so much about NYX brand and I really want to try that soft matte lip cream, great post too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. “Nyx professional makeup is certified and acknowledged by organizations, such as peta, as a cruelty-free brand. We are committed to producing 100% cruelty-free cosmetics. We do not test any of our products on animals. Our brand was born, with love, in LA – the land of makeup and makeovers – where everyone can make it.
    nyx products in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Should I use makeup setting spray before or after makeup? Just as primer should be your first step in any makeup routine, setting spray should always be your last step. This is the step that locks in your look, making it so that you don't have to reapply any of your products throughout the day.
    nyx dewy finish setting spray

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely shades of lipsticks i love tea rose more then any other color cerave facial cleanser online in pakistan
    best vitamin c serum online in Pakistan
    Buy best foundation for oily skin online in pakistan as it goeas well with daily routine and night functions

    ReplyDelete